Blowing kidsí minds in eighteen easy installments
- Butterfly Effect
- Grandfather Effect
- Catching up with light rays
The Speed of Light
- Differential in pressure
- Differential in inertia
- If you teleport particles by instantly transporting their information, are you moving an existing thing or duplicating it with a new thing?
- Itís a constant even if weíre not
- Thought experiments in which things move faster than light (ex: giant scissors)
Biology and Intelligence
- A dog whose perception is multidimensional but whose intellect is inferior to ours only in a four-dimensional context (i.e: How does a queen bee learn her job?)
- Exchanging a spatial dimension for time
- Flatland in higher dimensions
- If itís a natural process for matter to arrange itself in organic patterns of increasing complexity, regulated by time and available resources, does it follow that as available matter increases and time elapses, so does the complexity of intelligence?
- Intelligence as a biological phenomenon: What kind of thing is an idea?
- Biologically-based mechanics (Nanotechnological? Sturgeon: Microcosmic God) A civilization that mapped the genome before they invented the wheel.
- Can stellar energy power interstellar travel?
- What are the available power sources if you navigate among galaxies?
- Theodore Taylor and nuclear power transporting downtown Chicago to Jupiter (McPhee: The Curve of Binding Energy)
- Photonucleic Effect